Hello and welcome to this weeks version of th Pomme. As we are are no longer travelling the Pomme has gone back to the fortnightly version that contains ‘news’. Hope you enjoy!
Here are pictures of five famous women in history. Guess who they are and we will post the answers along with a few facts about these five women in our next Pomme. Get guessing!
And there you have it. You post your answer as a comment or youn email it directly to us
As we have recently returned from the fine land of Norway, we have decided to do a Fun Facts that will have you all going ‘no way!’ (In northern accents, of course). Enjoy!
- The paper clip is a Norwegian invention
- In 1251 Henry III of England was given a polar bear by the king of Norway.
- In 2008, Norway knighted a Penguin. No one is sure why.
- The cheese slicer was invented in Norway in 1925
- Norway introduced Salmon Sushi to Japan in the 1980s
Here are 7 books which are highly recommended by a few of our readers. If you have never read them then you are missing out:
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
- Famous Five by Enid Blyton
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls by Elena Favilli and Francesca Cavallo
- The Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman
- Scarlet and Ivy: The Lost Twin by Sophie Cleverly
- Ruby Redfort by Lauren Child
- Katy by Jacqueline Wilson.
Sadly this is the end of this weeks Pomme but a new one will be out in two weeks time. Make sure to leave a comment.